Helpful topics and some frequently asked questions.

What special planning should I do for my special needs child?

It's crucial for parents who have a special need child to engage in planning, you can appoint a standby guardian to take care of them and their affairs after you pass. You can create trust instruments to manage the assets for their benefit, you can all; in fact, we can create trust where the trustee considers the public benefits that are available to your child in the distribution by that I mean is that if one has a child that's receiving public benefits. If that child inherits a lot of money that may disqualify them from receiving the government benefits until they burn through those assets. We can create a trust where the trustee supplements the public benefits they make extra assets available to the special needs child but not provide so many assets at one time that the child loses the public benefits that are available. It's crucial that a parent of a special needs child engage in a state planning.

You can find more of Larry's extensive library of informative, easy to understand legal videos here.